Thursday, May 15, 2008

The newest addition

Okay, so apparently the 3 Daniels and 1 David that were the originators of this blog are a failure. This is where I come in. See Barry and I go way back, and hopefully we can make this an interesting read without the 4 D's fail plane. Hey, at least it isn't a fail boat. Short version: Barry and I are holding down the fort.





My first subject of discussion has to do with my personal interests so that avid readers (if any...) of this blog can know where I'm coming from. Since this is for the most part a gaming blog, I'll start off by giving a little gaming background on myself. I own a NES, Sega genesis, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox360, and the top notch gaming computer right now on the market. I enjoy playing games that actually require skill, and are not just based on how much knowledge of the game/how long you play. FPS is my strong point, but I enjoy strategy and RPG some of the times. Currently I am playing Call of Duty and Halo 3 on my 360, and Crysis and Tabula Rasa on my PC. Tabula Rasa is taking up the majority of my time, and for good reason. The game is pretty sick. I don't have much of an MMO history...the first multiplayer game I played online was Diablo 2. That game was also really sick...until it got overran by little kids (more on this subject later). I have also beat Mass Effect and all the DLC for it. Loved this game, and I stand by the review that Barry gave it. Now imagine Mass Effect made into an MMO. In a nutshell...this is Tabula Rasa. I usually got issues with MMOs, but this one is the exception. My non-gaming life involves working, school, paintball, and being awesome. That's enough about me...I'm gonna move on.




I consider myself to have a good amount of gaming systems. Most of these sit around and collect dust now, ESPECIALLY the Sega, Gamecube, and Xbox. The 360 and my PC are the most played systems right now, because of the current games I am playing.. The point I am trying to get to is that I PLAY MY NES AND N64 DRASTICALLY MORE THAN I PLAY MY GAMECUBE! I haven't touched my Gamecube since the last Metriod Prime game came out, and I'm sure it will stay that way. In fact, if it wasn't such a POS and worth more than a couple pennies, I would sell it in a heartbeat.

This is where I start making people mad. I think Nintendo is going down hill. I don't think the Wii is a terrible system, I just think they could have done a ton better with it. I do think that the feature of NOT having a microphone is perfect...for a certain community of gamers. If you are not about the age of 15, you should only be allowed to play the Wii. No 360 or PS3 for you scrubs! I know I am not the only person who thinks that the kids who have not hit puberty and decide it is there life mission to annoy/disrespect/flame every person who gets in the same game as them. Don't get me wrong, I know there are people of all ages that do this, but I can handle a voice that is not so high frequency that I feel like I am going to bleed from my eardrum. The last thing that makes me want to reproduce and have children to raise into respectable people is hearing a kid that can't be over 10 years old drop an F bomb or call me a nigger on xbox live. I mean seriously. Yes they are just words...but use some fucking discretion.

Discretion is the key word here. People, if you know that you are completely annoying and have no friends...please don't reproduce! Genetics do have a factor in how your kids turn out. Do you really want to have kids that will live the same pathetic life as you...and be just as annoying as you?












Alright, enough of flaming on little kids, I'm going to talk about my current obsession of a game: Tabula Rasa. Like I said before, this game is just plain sick. I don't know why they don't have more Sci-Fi MMOs. Fantasy is cool and all, but how do you decide between all the fantasy games out there? Answer: go sci-fi. I also seem to not have as much of a problem with little obnoxious kids in TR. The game is built so you don't HAVE to grind to get to max level, but the option is there if that is your thing. To me, it is just so much more satisfying to blow something up with a rocket launcher, than to slice at it with an axe. TR has most of the aspects of a fantasy game, it just explains everything in a sci-fi way through the lore of the game. The storyline is somewhat interesting to follow and there are a bunch of different play styles that the game supports. There are some major and minor bugs that still occur, which annoys me greatly, but every game has them. NCsoft and the DEVs of TR are very good about answering your bug problems and petitions. Just the other day I petitioned a mission bug, and no joke, within 5 minutes a GM contacted me. I was pretty much amazed.

Alright, well, that's all I got time for ATM, got to get back to work and make that money. More flaming on certain subjects/pictures, and game reviews will come as I have time. Thank you Barry for adding me to the blog, and thank you to whomever takes the time to read it.

No comments: