Friday, May 16, 2008

Good point from the clown



So Mike brings up a good point, none of us here have really introduced ourselves. Our readers (I pray their out there) do not really know who the hell we are, or why the hell we are even qualified to do this.

So I will introduce myself.


My name is Barry, yes there are many variations of the name, none of which I will list. I have been into computers since I was a little kid when large 12 inch 2 megabyte hard drives ruled supreme. Green screen was cool but if you have the option to go orange you were strait up ballin'.

I specialize in overkill, I know no less and it shows in everything (crosses fingers) that I do. Take for instance my computer setup. I thought to myself, "I have a 32" flat screen...it needs to be a computer monitor." thus the setup you see below you was born. the computer specs are as follows:

Gigabyte motherboard
Intel Q6600 quad core 2.4 ghz processor
2 gigs of mushkin high performance ram
Radeon Fire GL 3400 workstation card
320 gig SATA hard drive

32" Sharp Aquos HDTV
19" ViewSonic flat panel
and the standard accessories



By trade I am a mechanical engineer with 3 years of college under my belt and a pretty big ego. I like cars and all that crap, but I really love doing things with excel its quite liberating.

Enough about me time for a gaming moment. Just tonight I got an urge to play Bioshock, not because it won Spikes best game of the year award or sold millions of copies or because we got it for free because Hollywood video forgot to charge us. But rather because I was reminded of the unique mood and theme that the game played on and how it was a paradise lost experience. After playing for roughly 10 minutes I got bored because I just wanted to look around and not kill splicers. I also have a hard-on for art deco/art modern styling even though I got bored it is still a damn good game IMO.

Things to look forward to

One game I am really excited about is SPORE, a procedural based asynchronis MMO game designed by Will Wright. If you haven't heard about it click on the god damn link, and take it in because I sure as hell am not going to regurgitate what they have up in an easy to watch flash.

No comments: